Wednesday, December 07, 2005


The following items are all from stash. Except for the cardboard.
Here is my new sweater.

I am sorry this is such a crappy pic...
Pattern: Turtleneck Egg Cozy from Weekend Knitting
Yarn: Lamb's Pride Worsted in (hm lemme get the ball band, ok I'm back) Roasted Coffee
Needles: US5 Boye (*cough* I only have one pair of nice needles so I always use Boye because that's what I have)
Mods: I had a smaller gauge (5.5 sts/in instead of 4 sts/in, but that was good b/c I didn't want a very big sweater) so I had knit shorter lengths, obviously. I also only did a crew neck instead of a turtleneck. I also made bell sleeves to make it more 'girly'.
When I blocked it, I used cardboard. Stupid. Never ever do this...this is how it came out.

(That stuff on the bottom right is where I poked in all the pins after the sweater was done blocking.)
Here is a pic of all my latest stashbusting, minus the two minisweaters I made (I also made one in Sept. for Anna's teeny knitted doll Aria, using my own pattern with green and cream stripes).
Oh jeez. I just sent the pic of the rest all the rest to ther blog w/ didn't work like I thought it would. Hmph.

Explanation: The sock is my first Dulann sock, which is also my first sock, which I didn't have a pattern for. Seeing as I didn't have a pattern, it looks a little short in the foot, but other than that I think it came out fine. The new pink scarf is for Justina...I cranked it out last night. Literally. The thing behind it is what I used to make it...a barbie knitter. It works very well and I'm happy with the finished product.
Everything else I'm sure you know. Not that anyone reads this blog anyway.


Post a Comment

<< Home