Saturday, February 25, 2006

Done, done, done, done, done, done, DONE!!!!!

Here's the Rogue. Finished last night, pictures this morning.

Close ups:



Don't bother me about the side panel, I didn't repeat rows 33-38 so I had to think of something. All in all, since I've never really done cables like this before (excluding the small swatch of the side panel I did a few months ago), I'm forgiving myself for all the cable mess ups.

Specs:
Pattern: Rogue, by Jenna Wilson
Needles: US5(?) Boye
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in black
Mods: Made it a kids' 8 (approx)

I truly thought that this was going to be impossible, but now I know that I can knit a sweater in two weeks. And not just a sweater, but a sweater with time consuming boring stockinette (time consuming because I sort of feel crappy about haveing to do lazy stockinette so I put it off) and time consuming FUNFUNFUN cables. Next time, I'll do the sleeves first, to get them over with and out of the way. That way I'll end with the hood, which was my favorite part.

I wish the Olympics were longer. Not the Knitting Olympics, but I love watching TV for a reason, ha ha! Now I'll just knit. And why did I just say ha ha?

Anyway this is Emily, signing off from the KO a day and a half early. Onto the other things on my to do,...sigh

6 comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger Suzetta said...

Congrats on your completed "Rogue".

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger knittingnurse said...

Congratulations on your Olympics GOLD! I think it is fabulous. Way to go!

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rougue looks fantastic! Congratulations!!

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Persnickety Knitter said...

Great job! My 'Olympic' Rogue is sitting crumpled in the corner where I threw it a week ago.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Yay Emmy!!!!!!!!!!!!! You did GREAT job, especially on the resizing. Congratulations.

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Wow! Nice rogue! Congrats for getting the gold too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home