Friday, May 05, 2006

Sockapaloooza!

The package (mailed two days ago):

Say goodbye to one skein of Gems Opal in the prettiest green color, some handmade stitchmarkers (my first try, so don't laugh) spelling out her blog name, a bar of See's Milk Chocolate with Toffee Nuggets, leftover yarn for mending, a Yosemite (from which I live six hours away) postcard, and of course the beautiful stripey socks in all their [unblocked] goodness.
Details:
Yarn: Three Sisters Yarn Haindpainted Sock in Neon Sunset, aka my hand dyed yarn. My first attempt at dyeing yarn and I think it turned out really good. I like the self-stripiness.
Pattern: "Lace and Cable Socks" from the April 2006 issue of "Emily's Brain"
Needles: Homemade US2 bamboo needles (kabob skewers...gotta be resourceful)

And I'm still working on my RHSS socks. Gosh.

4 comments:

At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful yarn and great socks. I'm a sock knitter also and will bookmark you blog so I can visit again.

 
At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're parting with your first hand-dyed yarn! Your pal is very lucky.

I also appreciated your avoidance of ending a sentence with a preposition. Very proper. :)

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Allison said...

The socks look fantastic. I love that you used skewers :) Hope you're having a good weekend!

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Allison said...

YAY!!! THEY ARE ALL MINE! They fit really well and I heart them :) Look for an entry tomorrow! Thank you soooooooo much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home