Sunday, April 23, 2006

A picture-less post (for now)

No pictures today....but they'll come later. Right now I'm really busy and freaktired. (I like making up words that fit what I feel.)

Exhibit A. I finished the first sockapal000za sock, and am just past the heel on both my second sockpal sock and second RHSS sock. I'm using almost the same pattern for both (same lace and cable pattern, short row heel, but longer ankle length and a picot edge for the sockpal ones).

Exhibit B. Even though it really needs oiling and waxing and other adjustments, I've managed to spin a little on the new wheel. Well...new/old. We think it's a Sleeping Beauty wheel, manufactured by "I-forget-the-name-of-the-manufacturer" around 1975.
**Edit: Yesterday we had an Easter party at our house, and Justina, who is 5 years old, came into my room, saw the spinning wheel, and said "Emily, can you teach me how to spin string?" So I showed her how, and while she was spinning, she said "Where's the part where you can prick your finger and die?"

Exhibit C. I finished two small shawls which will soon be posted on Aqua-Star FOs. One is Mission Falls 1824 wool, and the other is random cheap stuff from the dollar store.

'Tis all for now. See ya later.

Did I just say 'tis? what the heck?

3 comments:

At 5:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it is a Sleeping Beauty wheel: y'all mind your fingers! "Tis" is only evidence that something vaguely fairy tale is already happening.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Allison said...

Oh dear. Freaktired is going to have to be added to my vocabulary immediately :)

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Amie said...

Welcome to the Spinning Wheel!

It looks like an Ashford to me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home