Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I'm back!

Whew...a lot of blog catching-upping to do here. I've been on vacation and just came back...yes, Hyampom again. This time, the river was down a lot and we could actually swim without drowning (if, of course, we didn't mind hypothermia instead). I finished the second RHSS. Pictures to come soon.

**I've balled up a skein of KP Sock Memories. It is tempting.....verrrry tempting. (edit: Yes, I started the sock. Toe up, ribbed, nothing fancy.)
**I made an order from Knit Picks. No, nothing for me (which was hard), because Katie's birthday is Saturday!
**Allison, I'm glad you like the socks I made you. They were really fun to knit.
**Blog-reading: I have a lot of reading and commenting to do here. I do read everyone's blog, you know, even if I don't comment.
**I wear my sockapaloooza socks all the time. I wear them around the house, I wear them to bed, I wear them lounging and knitting on the couch. IHowever, I do not wear them with sneakers because I am afraid they will pill and be less beautiful. I love them.
**We sold the skein of yarn in our shop!
**We signed up for SP8. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun.
**I like this picture.
It's the seat of piano bench in the living room (in front of the piano....duh....).

3 comments:

At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh, I hate it when my socks pill with sneaker-wear. I don't like having to limit my wearing of them, either, though. A dilemma for sure. :)

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Allison said...

Ooh - hope you had fun with the hypothermia :) That piano bench looks a lot like the one at my grandma's house (sorry, totally random!). I started great socks with the yarn you sent, and I'm loving it. Can you tell I'm feeling disjointed today? Have a great weekend.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Katie said...

you know you knit too much when...

you are inspired to dye a skein of yarn after seeing tree fungus.

you call everything a "skein" or a "colorway" (pass me that skein of rice! i like that shirt in the blue colorway!)

you stay up until 1 AM because you have to knit another row

you make fun of people who don't know how to knit (he, he)

if you can't fall asleep you think about Lorna's Laces and it gives you good dreams <3

you dance around for ten miutes when the new Knitty comes up (and then spend an hour looking at every. single. thing)

you think that a cross-stitch pattern on a piano seat would be a good intarsia/fair isle pattern

Sound familiar??

♥ katie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home