Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Dance Bag Done!

Here at last is my Christmas Rose dance bag. I finished around 11:30 this morning.
Pattern: Christmas Rose bag from Handknit Holidays
Needles: US9 and 7 Clover Bamboo
Yarn: Mainstays Crafts yarn in True Black, Red Heart Super Saver in Banana Berry
Mods: I used size 9 needles for the body instead of size 8, which was probably slightly responsible for the difference in my gauge (4.5 sts/in vs. 5.5 sts/in). I only casted on 80 sts. I also did less plain MC rnds, and made the ties shorter--19" instead of 36".

I'm pretty happy with the overall result. More detailed mods, etc. can be found at the Handknit Holidays-along.

2 comments:

At 6:23 AM, Blogger Someone said...

That is sooo pretty! I love the colors!! Hey, acrylics can be fun, and they sure are cheap. :)

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Thanks!
Yep, that's exactly how I feel about acrylic :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home